Clinical Considerations for Implant Dentistry
*Discounted fee based upon purchase of vacation package. If purchased separately, please add $400 to the above fees.
Patients present to the dental office for reasons related to appearance, function and comfort. All three areas must be in harmony for overall patient satisfaction. Over the last few decades dental implants have become a mainstay for the treatment of the partially or completely edentulous patient and a major contributor to patient satisfaction. Acting almost like ankylosed teeth, dental implant therapy is safe, reliable and fun to do. Practicing either general or specialized dentistry, implants offer our patients an incredibly efficacious treatment. This evidence-based program will overview basic principles related to the practice management, occlusion, restorative/prosthodontic and surgical aspects of dental implant therapy.
- evidence-based care and informed consent (why, what, how)
- teeth vs implants (why, when)
- restorative/prosthetic material selection and efficacy
- fixed vs removable prosthodontics
- patient management
- Implants today and in the past
- Practice management considerations
- Review of anatomy
- Patient selection, diagnosis, treatment planning
- Surgical, restorative and prosthodontic considerations
- Maintenance (routine and mucositis/peri-implantitis considerations)